Safe Distance Protocol
Effective March 1st , 2022, the Ontario Government rescinded previous restriction on large gatherings at funerals and now advised for outdoor and indoor services there is no longer a maximum number of attendees . We will continue with the additional precautions listed below specific to interments, entombments and niche Inurnments. We will be strictly enforcing this at all our locations.
We have implemented a Safe Distance Protocol for employees and the public. This means our employees will have no direct physical contact such as handshakes and hugs with one another or members of the public and they will observe a 12-foot distance wherever possible.
All visitors to our facilities will be screened as follows:
- Have you or any member of your immediate family been in contact with someone who has or is suspected to have COVID-19?
- Are you or any member of your immediate family in self-isolation?
- Has Public Health been involved?
- Do you have any of these symptoms:
- New onset of cough
- Chills or shivers
- Shortness of breath
If visitors answer YES to any of the above, we will be asking them to return home. If the purpose of their visit was to make cemetery arrangements, they will be instructed to call us and we will conduct the meeting remotely by phone.
Additional precautions specific to:
- Individuals will be permitted to approach the grave to place flowers on the casket once our employees have had the opportunity to distance themselves a minimum of 12 feet
- The casket will not be lowered until the attendees have vacated the area
B. Mausoleum and Niche Entombments
- All attendees will be required to adhere to the Safe Distance Protocol maintaining at least 12 feet from our staff at all times
- Services shall be completed in a common area within the mausoleum or niche buildings
- During the placement in and sealing of the crypt or niche, attendees will maintain a minimum of 12-foot distance from staff which will be clearly defined by staff.
- Effective as of March 1st, 2022 maximum number of attendees has been lifted unless building requires further restriction.
Effective as of November 23, 2020 new protocols at our PLLP Crematorium locations:
- We will no longer provide Rush Cremations
- We will no longer allow witnessings at all our crematoriums.
- We will only be accepting deliveries up to the maximum storage capacity of each PLLP location
- We will continue to offer Chapel Services / Committals . For capacity limits please call the location specific for the maximum allowance. We will be following protocol that our staff will not be present during use of chapel. Our staff will enter only when everyone has left the chapel.
We thank our families, their guests and all visitors to our locations and facilities for adhering to these protocols and for your understanding and patience.